Thursday, May 8, 2014

Happy 4th Birthday

Dear Ramsey,
You are now 4! And as you so perfectly put it..."I don't feel 4." I don't feel like you are four either. Where in the heck did time go?

For your 4th birthday we had a Fr0zen themed party because that is your absolute FAVORITE movie...EVER. Sven...pronounced SPEN and Olaf are tops of your list as the greatest characters with Elsa and Anna not far behind. Finding Fr0ze stuff was not an easy thing to do as every other child in the city also loves this movie and items are hard to find in the stores. So, I got creative and made my own.

We held your birthday the Saturday before your actual birthday because this year your birthday fell on Derby Day. You will one day learn that most people around here are doing Derby things and having a birthday party on that day just doesn't work. No slight to you...and secretly I love that you are a Derby baby because it's one of my most favorite times of the year.

Because of the timing of your birthday, it was like birthday week for you. There was lots of celebrating with ice cream and candy and visits with friends and family. I think you really enjoyed yourself. Who doesn't love an entire week dedicated to them?

I am looking forward to what this next year will bring for us. We have grown a lot, you and I, as we navigate through all that comes our way. I think you handle it better than I do pretty much all the time. Your sense of humor is a constant and your smile is contagious. I hope you never lose that silliness because it perfectly captures who you are. I plan to laugh more with you and worry less this year. You deserve that.

I hope you feel the love we have for you because it's almost too much to contain. Wishing you the best, most enjoyable, most fun year ever!

Happy Birthday sweet girl!

Love Mommy



1 comment:

Dale said...

Four? How is this possible?