Friday, April 25, 2014

Gift

In a week we will be celebrating the 4th Birthday of Miss R. 4 years. Holy Hell. My girls are no longer babies and never will be again. They are silly, mischievous, smart little girls who will definitely give SP and me a run for our money as they grow up. They already do that now which makes us have to think quicker and smarter just to keep up.

We have now been in our house in Louisville for 3 years. The memories of being in Cincinnati are fading a bit as new memories here take their place. It will always be the birthplace of my girls but I really feel like Louisville is home. It's where I feel most rooted and grounded with my family and hope they do too.

I love seeing them interact with each other and all the kids in our cul-de-sac. It reminds me of my childhood and all the close friends and fun times I had growing up. There is definitely something of value in having those early friendships and spending so much time playing outside.  I am glad we're able to have a home that allows them to experience that.

For the moment, I feel our family is calm and content. The girls are healthy. Sp and I are healthy. We are happing and enjoying life.

I am not sure what the future holds for us, but right now I am enjoying the moment. This is not always easy for me to do, so I am working on it. I don't want to look back three years from now and regret one single thing.

No comments: