Tuesday, August 13, 2013
Where has the time gone?
I am not sure at what point this little baby turned into this beautiful little girl. But here we are.
In a few short days Miss C will start kindergarten. As I watch her, I know she is ready. But getting to that first day will not be without it's challenges.
G, her best friend at school, had his last dayday two whole weeks before school starts. He is spending the week at a camp at his new school and the a week with his grandparents before school starts. Cara is devastated and her behavior has reached maximum levels of crying and acting out. I know she is struggling with this loss as it seems permanent even though we have gone to great lengths with his parents to ensure they still see each other.
The thing about change is that it happens pretty much daily. Some times the change is minor and other times, like now, the change is so great that it impacts everyone in the family. Cara will be in Kindergarten at a new school with new expectations, friends, adventures, etc. Ramsey will be in a new class at the same school, but without her big sister to keep an eye on her (and vice versa). Mommy and Daddy are watching as their oldest child starts to become not so little anymore.
As we approach Day 1 of Kindergarten I recall some of her prior firsts with regards to school. Making the decision to take her out of her first daycare and move to having Miss Amy watch her at home was, at the time, major. The place we thought was ideal for our daughter before she was born proved to not be once we met her.
Then there was the decision to put her in a new facility at my work and no longer have her at home with Miss Amy. Tears were cried. I was a mess. She thrived in that environment.
We've moved schools two other times. Both times there was a period of adjustment for us. A period of crying. A period of freaking out. And then a period of calm and comfort. Everything has a way of working out, even when it seems difficult, sad or even scarey.
Right now we are focused on just getting past the newness and getting into our groove. I know Cara will do great and adjust quickly...her Mom might need a bit more time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment