Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Broken heart

With the start of a new school, comes leaving behind a school Cara has grown quite fond of and will separate her from teachers and friends she truly loves. One such friend is G who she is particularly fond of and refers to as her best friend.

They will not be going to the same school in the Fall and I am not sure she fully understands what that means. But, she is starting to.

We found out that G will only be at school 2 more weeks and then is taking some time off before kindergarten starts. Had to break the news to C last night and the sobs that came out of her little body were heart breaking.

"G is my BEST friend." she cried. And cried. And cried. Big, big tears.

I tried to talk her through it explaining we could still see him and they could still be friends. It's the day-to-day seeing each other than won't be the same, but that is a difficult concept to grasp. We'll keep working on it, but I know this next month or so will be tough for all of us.

No comments: