Today we took Miss C for her 2 year check up. She's a little over 26 pounds and a few inches shy of 3 feet tall. 50 percentile.
I have to say she did wonderful at the doctor. We weren't sure if she would freak out or not but she didn't. We spent the ride over to the doctor talking about all that would happen while we were there. Not sure if that really prepared her or not. I am going to say it didn't hurt.
They asked us basic things about her development and our girl is right on track with everything. I think, even now, it can become quite easy to compare her to other kids and not always in a positive way. What else do you really have to go by than what other kids around her age are doing? I have struggled with that, moreso when she was first born than now, but still struggle from time-to-time.
If I have learned nothing else (and I have learned A LOT) in these last two years, it's that our child is our child. She is happy and healthy and moves at the pace that is best for her. In some instances she does things earlier than what most kids her age are doing and in others, she's a little behind. This, is all perfectly Miss C. I would not want her to be any other way than the way she is.
On Saturday we celebrate her 2nd birthday. 2 Years. AMAZING.
No comments:
Post a Comment