Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Lucky number 7

Those who know me know that if things are quiet it's because there's something afoot. Lack of blogging doesn't equal lack of activity that is for sure and here's what's been going on.

A few weeks ago now I was getting ready to take the prescription I take every 4 months to start my period. I have been doing that since Miss C was born due to the irregularity of my periods. Exciting stuff I know.

Prior to taking the meds I always take a pregnancy test just to be sure and every time the tests were negative...until now. I ended up with 2 positive pregnancy tests and about shit my pants.

I'm not gonna lie. I hated being pregnant. It was like being hung over for 9 months and absolutely miserable. I wasn't ready to go through that again. But sometimes the universe has other plans.

What followed was a call to the doctor where I said, I haven't had a period since May so I could be MONTHS pregnant or WEEKS. And here's what followed:
  • Then I started spotting.
  • Then my beta levels were 1800 indicating pregnancy.
  • Then they increased to 5200. I was still bleeding and thinking miscarriage.
  • Then I had an ultrasound which showed a yoke and sac but no heartbeat or cells indicating a baby was brewing.
  • Then a conversation with the doctor about possibly miscarrying.
  • Then more beta levels that showed more increase in the hormone levels.
  • Still bleeding.
  • Then some vomiting. And some more vomiting. And some more.
  • Then another ultrasound and the wooshing beat of a heart.

So, much to our surprise there's a baby brewing in my belly. I am 7 weeks pregnant and due 5/3.

5 comments:

Chad said...

Um, congratulations?

Shauna said...

Holy crap!! Why am I finding out thru your blog????

JK, I know you're busy and overwhelmed. Remember that no 2 pregnancies are alike. Maybe this one will be a dream.

I'm happy for you.

xoxox

k said...

Oh wow!!!
Ha, I like the 'um congrats?'
Sort of feeling the same way... though it'll be nice to have siblings not too far in age :)
Hopefully this is much better than the last!

USAIDAddress Unknown said...

Congrats - heard from my mom too - this pregnancy will be better I promise!

Becca Jones said...

How wonderful! Congrats!