We had almost gotten to the point where Miss C was done with the paci. She'd only use it when she slept and then hand it to me when she got up for me to put it away. Then she got round 2 of hand, foot, mouth and wanted it all the time. Now she's reverted a bit to wanting it A LOT.
I've taken to hiding them in drawers so she can't see them because she'll break her neck trying to get to them to pop one in her mouth. At day care she doesn't use one at all so I know it could be the same here. So, I am working on it...one day at a time.
In addition to the paci she has become attached to two specific blankets we have. One she used when she was just a few months old but then her attachment went away. The other was a baby shower gift and is a giraffe blanket. Both have soft silky sides that she loves to rub up against her face. It's interesting to see her identify something that comforts her and then request it or go get it.
On Friday night, we had a pretty rough night. She felt horrible and cried from the moment I picked her up at day care until she went to bed. When we got home she would not let me put her down and when I asked if she wanted to put her PJs on she said yes. Once we got her PJs on she walked over to her crib, stuck her arm between the slats and grabbed her silky pink blanket. She looked like Linus walking around the house dragging her blanket behind her.
1 comment:
The Binky fairy came and took Sophie's Binky's to other babies... It was a successful transfer!
Post a Comment