Dear Baby Girl,
Tonight I was working on your baby book and I am amazed at how different you look in such a short period of time. You are still distinctly you, but now even less baby like and more toddler like. Often I find myself just looking at your beautiful face and wondering what you will look like when you are older. Will your eyes still light up with delight? Will your smile be contagious like it is today? I hope so.
I love this period in your life right now where you are truly seeing things for the first time. When we take you on walks you are constantly looking around at the trees and the sky and who knows what else. We stop and look at the leaves and touch everything. It's a new world to me seeing it through your eyes.
You are doing so much developmentally right now it's hard to remember everything. Everything is touched and grabbed and passed from hand-to-hand. Then there's the shoving things in your mouth thing that satisfies you to no end. If it's not nailed down you try to suck on it. We're doing a lot of sitting, though still assisted. And there's the rolling over...you love to roll straight onto your stomach as quickly possible. Of course, you haven't figured out how to get back onto your back, but that's likely coming soon.
While you aren't crawling, you are managing to move yourself a little to get things you want that are just out of reach. I definitely think you are going to be an avid explorer soon. And I am quite confident you will continue to jibber jabber tales of those adventures like you do now. Seems only fitting since your parents never really stop talking, singing, laughing or whatever. You are joining right in with all the mayhem.
For the most part, you have outgrown your 3 month old clothes. You're still on the petite side but definitely growing a good rate. We have made a few attempts at feeding you rice cereal but your belly isn't liking it despite what appears to be a huge appetite on your part. We also tried oatmeal with the same result, diarrhea. We'll keep trying and when it's the right time you will make the transition.
I am struggling with the fact that you are 5 months old and I feel like I am already losing touch with those first couple of months. Some of it is exhaustion that comes with being a new parent, some of it is being so consumed with who you are right at this exact moment, that I see nothing else. You are a true joy to me and I want to package up and seal tight all these wonderful moments with you so that I never forget a second of them.
I love you baby girl. Thank you for being so utterly amazing.
Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment