Friday, April 25, 2008

1 armed bandit

So, my husband has to have surgery because he did severe damage to his labrum and minor damage to his rotator cuff. The surgery will be in two weeks and the PT will go for 6 months.

I must admit that these last two weeks without him being able to really help with Miss C have been very difficult. I really don't get a break because he can't lift her due to the limited mobility of his arm and because he is on some major pain meds. As much as I love Miss C, for my sanity I need some me time and right now her staying with Dad without me isn't working out. We are making adjustments but the reality is with his surgery it's only going to get worse before it gets better because I will also be returning to work.

So, I have been struggling a bit. OK, A LOT. I know my husband is in pain and is frustrated because he can't do the things he likes to do, but this sucks. It would be different if I was at home and had family and friends close by who could help. But I don't and there hasn't been a point up until now where that was so painfully difficult to deal with. Granted my parents and sister have offered their help, which I greatly appreciate, but I know it's difficult for them to come here to do that.

Anyway, I was having a little pity party for myself. SP and I talked about it and it will all work out fine. I just needed to be mad for a minute so I could get over it and move on.

No comments: