Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Take my breath away

It's been clearly established that Biscuit likes my right rib area. She hangs out there and parties a lot. While it's not the most pleasant feeling to have a foreign object pressing against your ribs, I have grown to accept it.

In addition to the rib party, I've been having Braxt*n Hicks contractions or "pre-labor" on and off for a bit. My stomach gets hard as a rock, my back aches a little and sometimes I feel like I have the flu. Then it passes. I haven't really been phased by this, I notice it and then it's over.

Today, I had a feeling I hadn't had before. It was a, WOW! I really can't catch my breath feeling and I was in a meeting, running the meeting and speaking. I had to stop talking for a second and tell the group that I was having a tad bit of trouble breathing hence the odd manner in which I was speaking.

I put my hand at the top center of my belly and it was hard as a rock. Up to this point the hardness had been more in the front and sides of my belly. I don't think it was a contraction, but what the hell do I know? I honestly think my girl was pushing off with her feet to get into a more comfortable position.

When the feeling finally subsided she proceeded to shimmy and shake and do some sort of belly breakdancing and, she's been at it all day. Dancing queen.

No comments: