Monday, January 14, 2008

A little glimpse and a green baby



Surprise! I gave birth over the weekend.

Ha! Just kidding. This is Allyson and Jeff's new little one. We went over and visited this weekend and I spent quite a bit of time with him cuddled up in my fuzzy shirt. It was funny because Biscuit kicked him A LOT while he was cuddled up there. Not sure if that was her introduction or if she was jealous. Probably a little of both.

Have I ever told you how much I feared the baby transfer? You know, passing the baby from one person to the next. It freaks me out with their little wobbling head and potential for being dropped. Over time, I have become much more comfortable thanks to my niece and nephew, but there still is a little trace of that fright when I go to hold a little one fresh from their mom's belly.

I wasn't really sure how I would feel seeing the little guy because it is so close to our due date. Heading over I wasn't sure if it would send me into a severe anxiety attack or calm me. I think the fact that Jeff and Allyson seemed so calm themselves and honest in their discussions about all things that surrounded his arrival into their lives made it more relaxing for us. So, thanks for that!

In other news, I went and saw W*cked last night with Sarah. If you have not seen it, I would highly recommend it. The book was not top on my list because I was not a fan of the writing style of the guy who penned it. But, the show was great. Of course, I would shit a brick if I have a green baby but I am thinking the chances of that are slim.

Today I feel: CRANKY. Actually I am doing much better now that I am home. I think work is the source of the crankiness.