Tuesday, January 15, 2008

32 Days and Counting

Holy hell! I am two days away from being 30 days from my estimated due date.

People keep asking if we're ready. That really is difficult to assess because I am not sure if they mean mentally, physically and emotionally or if they mean do we have the stuff we need like diapers, onesies and bottles. My answer is the same either way, we are as ready as we can be. Not sure what else we could do now except wait for Miss Biscuit to decide to make her entrance into this world.

Speaking of her arrival. At work, they are wagering when she will arrive, how much she will weigh and how long she will be. As the baby brewer, I am pretty confident that she will come after the estimated 2/16 due date. If she's 7 pounds I will be shocked but I think she will be long. I guess we'll see.

In other news I have my annual review tomorrow and some questions will be asked regarding what the plan is for me and my role this year once I return from maternity leave. While I am planning on going back to work after my time off, there are some factors at play that could change my mind. It was communicated to me early in my pregnancy that there would be a new position/promotion available for me in the Spring. If that has changed I will likely do some serious re-evaluating of my career path. I am not sure it will sit real well for me to have that carrot put out there and then pulled away.

Today I feel: stuffed full of meatballs.

No comments: