Monday, November 19, 2007

Falling

It's a known fact of pregnancy that your sense of balance is off. I have stumbled more during this pregnancy than I think I ever have in my life. When SP and I go for walks I spend a lot of time holding on to his shirt or arm or hand (or butt) because I tend to just not be as sure-footed.

Slipping in the Kr0ger or stumbling off the curb after lunch scares the shit out of me and I totally blame it on Gr*y's Anatomy. There was this episode where this pregnant chick fell and lost her baby. She then had to DELIVER the baby. It was traumatic when I saw it and I wasn't pregnant, now every misstep freaks me out.

So, when my sister fell this weekend after Amy's shower, I must admit it freaked me out...A LOT. Sometimes there are sides of my personality that come out and the one that is protective of my sister came out on Saturday. I was so worried about her as I know she would have been about me had the roles been reversed. That's what we do. We take care of each other. Some sort of crazy instinct kicks in and all I can think about is making sure she is ok.

Thankfully, both mom and baby are ok. Mom has a nice swollen ankle to go with her swollen belly which is not ideal with all that is going on right now, but they are ok and that really is all that matters.

1 comment:

Mitzi said...

Missy you look like a grown up. It was bound to happen I guess, Peter Pan can't have children. I am going to miss your shower because I'll be on a plane to Boston for work. Jae too. I think we'll arrange to drive to Cinci and see you when we get back. Hi to SP. Mitzi