Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Orange

OBGYN VISIT

This morning I woke at 7 AM and showered in our partially finished bathroom. As I was ironing I drank the glucose stuff that I had to consume in 5-8 minutes and hour before my appointment. Then, I puked in my mouth and swallowed it. Gross, but I didn't want to puke all over my clothes. Mentally I tried to tell my body to NOT THROW UP THE GLUCOSE.

My body does not listen because I barely made it to the half bath before projectile vomiting all over the place. I think a little of it actually hit the toilet. The rest hit the walls and the floor. It was like an orange drink exploded in the bathroom.

Needless to say, I couldn't do the glucose test. I have to drink that nasty shit again and do it all over again.

The good news is Biscuit is measuring where she should be and her heartbeat is good. I, on the other hand, am heavier than I have ever been in my life. Not really adjusting to that well. Trying to tell myself that I am healthy and Biscuit is healthy and that is all that matters. Most days, it works. Today isn't one of those days. So, I went shopping and bought new cute maternity clothes. If I am going to get a whole new body to brew this baby, I might as well get a whole new wardrobe and look good while I do it.

BABY BEDDING & FURNITURE

The furniture I ordered two days ago arrived along with the bedding I ordered a month ago. Wonder which one of those businesses I will frequent again? Thankfully, I LOVE the bedding. Isn't it cute? This isn't my nursery...this one looks better than mine likely will, but you get the idea.


Now we'll start getting the nursery officially together. At least I'm guaranteed to do one thing right with regards to parenting. I'll put together a safe and stylish room for my girl.





1 comment: