Haven't really felt like writing much because I have been sick. It started about 3 weeks ago when I felt a little cloudy with a headache and sinus stuff. That progressed quite nicely to nasal irritation, drainage, aches and finally a violent cough that made my throat feel like it was lined with razor blades.
Needless to say, it hasn't been fun especially when everyone is saying you can't take anything. This, I have learned, is not entirely true. In fact my OBYN said I could take most over-the-counter meds out there. That really didn't diminish my paranoia that my medication usage would somehow cause Biscuit to grow another head or end up with some rare birth defect that only medication can cause.
In the end, I trusted my doctor, a little. I took minimal amounts of Tylen0l at night so I could sleep a little and cough drops. Typically, I'd take some N*quil and call it a day. But, I felt the need to be more cautious, and as a result, have been sick longer.
Today, still hacking but feeling moderately better after staying home yesterday and consuming about a gallon of OJ, I went to the allergist who prescribed me an antibi0tic. I was shocked and still a little unsure despite the fact that he knows I am pregnant and he IS a person I trust. I looked it up and it's a safe one but I am so scared to take it.
But, I will because I am coughing up stuff in a nice shade of green and that can't be good either.
No comments:
Post a Comment