Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Worry

Sometimes I think my entire time so far as a mom has been overshadowed by worry. Worry with the undercurrent of fear about everything. It is all wrapped in love but kids don't always see it that way. 

I spend a lot of time worrying about my girls. I worry about their happiness, friendship, education, blah, blah, blah. Am I doing enough. Too little. Are they happy. Are they sad. 

Worry all the time and I wish I could just relax and enjoy the moment. I fear that if I don't worry and miss something it will impact them for the rest of their lives. 

Worrying is exhausting. 

1 comment:

Dale said...

I am a Master of Worry. I sometimes worry that I'll run out of things to worry about. But you're right, Missy. It is exhausting. Pointless too. And ineffective. I imagine worrying about someone somehow helps them. But I know it doesn't. It causes me to lose precious sleep nearly every night. I think maybe there's an addictive nature to it.