For me...I want everything in it's place, and preferably, unseen. Clothes in closet and in dresser. Shoes in closet. Toys in the toy bin. Books in the bookshelf. A clean room to me means no clutter.
This is not what is means for Rams. We checked out here cleaned room and this is what we found:
- shoes paired and lining the parameter of her bed
- toy bins removed from shelves and lined up perfectly on the floor
- Barbies lined up next to the shoes one right after the other.
- stuffed animals lining the shelf above her bed
- books stacked next to the stuffed animals
This, is Ramsey. She is not tucked away someplace not to be seen. She is out in the middle of everything and exactly where she should be.
We made it past the 1st trimester at school where we were on "probation" because we informed them of her sensory issues. I think this was a CYA on their part, but she has excelled. While home time has been a little rockier than we'd like, at school she is doing everything we ask her to do. We think she just needs an outlet when she gets home so she's unleashing some of that pent up whateverness.
She's a special little girl and while there are moments I feel sheer frustration, I see such a special spark in her that I am trying like hell to cultivate and nurture. Her stubbornness and frequent screaming makes that challenging sometimes, but I think we are both learning and growing. While I don't want to wish away time I do look forward to seeing all she can achieve in life.
No comments:
Post a Comment