Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Let it go...

Today I am tired. Tired because getting a good night of sleep seems to be a thing of the past. Tired from worrying about everything and everyone. Tired because I struggle internally with myself about that worry and then feel like an ass because really my life is not bad, at all. Tired of the cold weather. Tired of responsibility and the overwhelming feeling of failure if I lose focus on one of the many things I am juggling. Tired...so tired.

On a loop in my head right now is the song Let it Go from the movie Fr0zen. R LOVES, LOVES, LOVES this movie and after seeing it twice at the movie theater she can recite lines, songs and movements from it. We listen to that song over and over and over again.

I figure since that song is in my head I will make it my mantra for as long as it's floating around in there. The song is not really fitting overall to my life, and I can't turn things into ice with my hands, but I do understand the importance sometimes of just letting go.

Seems so simple really, to let go. But I really struggle with that concept. I cling to tightly. Worry to fiercely. Try to control and force things that need to just happen naturally...and will if I would just let go. Letting go really doesn't mean, for me anyway, not being involved or engaged or caring, but more of dealing with the things you can influence and letting go of the things you cannot.

So, today I am going to practice letting go as I sing that song over and over in my head.

 
 

 

2 comments:

Dale said...

Any success? It's a fairly easy feat for me during the day. It's the nighttime that poses the problem. I feel your pain. Really I do.

Missy said...

It's not helping me sleep but it is distracting my mind.