As a mom sometimes you have rein yourself in with all the "I think my kids are the best fucking kids on the planet!!!" discussions. Not everyone wants to hear my cute kid stories...shocking. But, they are cute nonetheless and deserve to be told so one day my girls will know just how ridiculously awesome I thought they were should they ever doubt it.
Yesterday was Cara's first full day of kindergarten. She opted to take her lunch in her new lunchbox that her Daddy bought her. We packed: PB&J, cucumbers, blueberries, cheese, applesauce and a goldfish/pretzel mix. She picked out everything and just kept adding and adding.
When she came home I asked her how her lunch was. First comment was that it was too much food and then she proceeded to tell me what she did eat...1/2 PB&J, all the cucumbers except 1, all blueberries, cheese and apples, and a little of the goldfish and pretzels.
As I proceeded to open her lunch box and take out the leftovers and freezer pack, I noticed that her trash was still in the lunch box. She didn't know where to throw her trash away at school so she just brought it all back home. As SP told me this, I turned to look at her sweet innocent face and could tell she thought she did something wrong even though she didn't.
So, we told her what a great job she did and how we could reuse the ziplock baggies after we cleaned them. Great recycling efforts and all that. I then gently encouraged her to ask where the trash was so she could throw her stuff away.
I cannot even begin to describe her super sweet face when we had this conversation. She was on the fence about whether or not what she did was right and it was such an opportunity for us to encourage and support her. Love her.
No comments:
Post a Comment