Friday, October 28, 2011

What a week

This last week was a crazy mess. Miss R came home on Thursday with a temperature. There was an outbreak of hand, foot, mouth at school. She wasn't showing any other symptoms but the fever and had never had HFM before so we weren't sure if she had it or not.

Then Miss C broke her arm.

I had planned on being out of town with Dawn and Mom for a scrapbooking trip so SP kept the girls on Friday and took them to Nana and Papa's on Saturday so he could go to Kings Island. He started feeling bad on Saturday and by Monday he'd been diagnosed with Influenza A.

By this time Miss R's mouth had fully broken out with the sores indicating HFM. C was still in her splint and Paul was contagious. I had been lysoling and cloroxing the house trying to keep us all from getting sick. We were able to get the girls a prescription for Tamiflu along with SP.

Tuesday afternoon I started feeling achey and ended up in the Immediate Care Center. Tests for strep and flu were negative but I felt horrible. Thankfully my Mom and Nana and Papa were able to step up and help us with the girls. SP and I were in no shape to be taking care of them and I was so worried they'd get sick.

Now it's Friday and we are on the med. I missed two days of work but never had a fever. I ached all over, and was a sweaty mess. Paul spent multiple days in bed. R recovered rom HFM. C never got sick but did get her lovely new purple cast.

What a week.

No comments: