
Last week while playing at Granny and Grumpy's with her cousin Mia Miss C fell off the glider and hurt her arm. Grumpy thought almost immediately that it might be broken. We applied ice, called the doctor and made sure she could move everything. After a restless night of sleep it was clear that we needed to go get her checked so I loaded her into the car and too her to the K*sair facility by our house.
I am not going to lie, I was freaked out. I have never broken anything before. Never experienced that kind of pain. Never worn a cast. It's all foreign to me. And taking her knowing it was a strong possibility made me super anxious. That and she seemed so tiny and small.
They were great at the Emergency Department. It was a perfect experience for a little girl in pain and her anxious mother. They did everything right from the movies they let her watch to the doll, "Brokey" that they used to show her how her arm would be splinted.
We left that day in a bright pink split with a fractured radius and ulna. I was super proud of my little girl who was so brave.

This is sculpture of 3 baby bears and their momma bear. The sculpture is outside the children's facility and was donated by a work friend's family.

After a week in the pink splint we got the official purple cast on Mommy's birthday. When we got home we decorated it and signed our names on it. 3 weeks in the cast is what they are telling us. Cross your fingers.
No comments:
Post a Comment