Thursday, October 6, 2011

Elbow

Every day now R's vocabulary seems to grow as does her fondness for certain things. I love listening to her try to learn new words and to keep up with our conversations. Most people probably have no clue what she is saying, but I do. She's a talker and is not content to just sit around and let the rest of us do things. She wants to do it all too.

She has a strong love and fascination with both Elbow (Elmo) and Duck (any duck, chicken, bird) and will get super excited and seeing either. Typically clutched in her hands are books or dolls falling in either category. Her grip is tight and often taking those away from her at bed or bath time is met with resistance. It's so cute to see her toddling along with three duck books and an Elmo doll her sister gave her in her hands.

Speaking of her sister. R wants to do EVERYTHING C does. C pats her head, R pats her head. C twirls a circle, R twirls a circle. You kiss C, R sticks her cute little lips out and cocks her head for a kiss. Her every move and action is often her interpretation of what her sister is doing or saying. C seems to be embracing it, in between trying to tackle her in a super fierce hug.

I like watching the two of them together. R being in awe of her sister and C learning to be more gentle and giving of herself and her toys to her sister. I like to see them growing together, becoming friends and playmates. I look forward to more of that as they get older.

No comments: