Dear Ram,
My sweet, funny girl. You are now 8 months old. It seems like I say this every month, but I cannot believe you are growing up so quickly. Time is flying back and I barely have time to capture in writing all the moments we have together.
Each and every second with you is a precious joy. Your laugh and smile are contagious and I love to watch you get excited as you recognize people you love like me, your Daddy and your big sister. You bounce, literally bounce, with excitement with your arms and legs going when you see us. And that toothy grin...beautiful.
You are quite active now and I think you are just bound and determined it go and do whatever it is you want to do. You first scooted along on your bottom while sitting to get where you wanted or would reach and grunt and wiggle around to get a toy or something else you wanted. Then very quickly you mastered crawling this month and now, you are trying to monkey walk and pull yourself up. It's only a matter of time before you are running after your sister.
You completely enjoyed your first Christmas and were most interested in the wrapping paper. We did a lot of Christmas activities like going to see Christmas lights but you pretty much slept the entire thing. I am sure next year you will be much more excited and interested in the lights, presents and activities.
We are working on introducing more solids and you are not super thrilled with much of anything we give you with the exception of your bottle. You laugh with glee when you see the bottle. Often you'll refuse to open your mouth for solids but will open wide for your bottle. We keep trying and I know we'll find something that you love. We are also working on drinking with a cup and doing some self feeding. The cup you liked because, well, it had formula in it. But the self feeding of little puffs is not your favorite yet.
You are starting to try and wave a little bit and I love to see your little hand trying to do it.
Honestly, there really isn't much you do that I don't love. I love your smile and laugh. I love the way you interact with your sister and laugh deeply when she entertains you. And she loves to do that...to be involved with you and around you. The beautiful part is you do to.
I love every single inch of you Miss R and I hope you have enjoyed these last 8 months as much as I have.
Love,
Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment