Saturday, December 4, 2010

Things that make my life easier

Being a parent involves a lot of trial and error. It also involves talking to other moms and dads to see what worked for them in certain situations and trying it out yourself to see if it works for you. I blog here for many reasons, but one of them is because I know there are people out there who may benefit in some way from things I learn. So here are some things I have found that make my life easier as a Mommy in no particular order and from either a toddler or a 7 month old.
  • Gentle Naturals Homeopathic Teething Drops are one of the best inventions EVER. We call them baby crack around here. Used them for C and are now using them for R.
  • Huggies Overnight diapers do wonders when your little one learns how to roll over. Most diapers hold the pee in such a way that being on their bellies makes them leak, thus getting the baby all wet and icky. Overnight diapers keep them nice and dry.
  • Teethers that have somewhere to hold on them that is not cold.
  • Those covers that go over the car seat in cold weather...what a wonderful idea. Keeps the little one from being exposed to the elements and they are all warm and toasty inside the car seat when traveling too and from places.
  • Those strollers that allow you to click your car seat into them and then turn into a regular stroller. This also includes those bases you can leave in your car and can just snap the car seat in or out.
  • Momo the Monkey clock that opens and closes his eyes to help toddlers sleep.
  • Using a "nap calendar" and giving toddler stickers when they nap.
  • Using a timer when potty training...especially if you have another child because chances are you are going to forget your toddler is in underwear and could end up with a mess on your hands.
  • Sleep sacks. I am completely freaked out about SIDS and hate any blankets being around my baby. But I do know they get cold. Sleep sacks are a wonderful idea because the remove the baby smothering on a blanket fear.
  • Back up lovies. When C ditched the paci and turned to Blankie I searched the internet to find the same blanket with no success. What I did find was a larger blanket that was similar and Sue-momma cut it into smaller pieces to make "back up blankies". C knows these are back up blankies and calls them by that name, but they allow us to wash the other ones and have something to fall back on if Blankie gets lost.

I am sure there are others but I can't think of more now.

No comments: