It's a given that with two VERY independent parts Miss C was going to be an independent girl. That has manifested itself recently in her desire to do everything herself...and I mean everything, even those things she really can't do. I am just waiting for her to declare she'll drive herself to school.
Her assertions of independence are often accompanied with the phrase "MY DO IT MY-SELF" with a heavy emphasis on SELF. Some days this works out ok, others, not so much. If we can let her do what she wants, or what she thinks she wants, we tend to keep the breakdowns at bay. It's not always feasible to let her do what she wants...she can't get out of her own crib for example. So, we try to let her try what she wants and then offer some help. Most times she's quick to accept the help if she's tried on her own.
HOWEVER...there are times when she wants to do it HERSELF no matter what and that is when the tantrums ensue. Sometimes those are just inevitable. Sometimes they make my ears split and make me want to run out the door. Sometimes I lay on the floor with her and kick my feet like she does and that ends up making her laugh.
I anticipate may more days of her doing it HERSELF and many more struggles over things she thinks she should do. I think we'll survive...most days.
In this picture she's playing with her play-doh which has become one of her favorite activities. She can sit forever and make things like "mac-e-ro-nee" or "dinosaurs" or "balls" or whatever tickles her fancy. Notice all the colors have been mixed together...makes me nuts but it's her toy.
No comments:
Post a Comment