Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Friends

My best bud Jen came to visit today. I don't get many non-family visitors up here so it was WONDERFUL to have her. I am sure I talked her ear off because, well...I don't have very many people to talk to and visit with outside of SP.

It becomes more obvious how much I depend on my work friendships when I don't have that daily interaction. It also becomes more obvious how much I miss my family and friends when I get the opportunity to spend time with them like I used to.

There's something to be said for people who have known you pretty much your entire life. You can't really hide when you are with them and if they are good friends, you shouldn't have to. It's nice to be able to be real and just talk about your life, warts and all, and not feel like you will be judged.

It was a good day.

No comments: