Dear Little Bit,
You are now two months old. Amazing. You are the perfect addition to our family and we are blessed to have you in our lives.
If I have learned nothing else during my time as a Mommy, it's that time moves very quickly when you have little ones and you have to take time to savor every single moment. One day I will look up and you will be a two year old, like your sister is now, and I will long for today, for this moment with you.
Right now I am watching you sleep. So calm. So peaceful. Sometimes you smile and laugh in your sleep and I wish I knew what you were dreaming about that made you so happy. I like to think it's us, your family, that brings that smile to your face. You tend to smile and laugh at us A LOT when you are awake so it seems fitting that you would do the same when you are asleep.
You smile and laugh at other things too. Tonight, you were laughing at the sofa cushion...I swear, and it was the funniest thing to you. Seeing you so thoroughly and completely enjoy something so simple makes me laugh too.
These first two months of your life have been pretty busy but through it all there have been smiles and laughs that increase daily. Here are some of the highlights:
- I've noticed a little dimple on your right cheek that often accompanies your crooked smile.
- You've traveled to Louisville multiple times.
- Took a trip to Gatlinburg and handled it like a champ.
- Met your cousins and hung out with your Aunts and Uncle.
- Watched your Big Sister and laugh and her silliness. She thinks the world of you and wants to be involved in everything you do.
- Met some of Mommy and Daddy's friends.
- Ate (formula only) at the restaurant where Mommy and Daddy had their first date, and your namesake Ramsi's.
- Cried a lot.
- Smiled a lot.
- Pooped but need to poop more.
- Got baby acne and it drove Mommy nuts. Appears to have cleared up all on it's own.
- Talked to the hippo, zebra and monkey that are on your wall.
- Swung your arms to hit the toys hanging above your changing table and not just on accident.
- Played on your exercise mat and got tummy time. You actually don't get totally ticked being on your belly.
- Rubbed your face against many blankets and pulled on your ears to help yourself fall asleep. It is the cutest thing to watch you grab blankets and pull them up to your face and then turn your head so your face rubs against the softness of the blanket. It puts you to sleep almost immediately when you do that.
- Grabbed rings, your shirt, our fingers, etc.
- Kicked and pushed your away around your exercise mat and pack n play.
- Went on lots of walks and shopping trips.
- Starting sleeping 8 hours...10 PM - 6 AM. Impressive.
I feel like I can't do justice to all of the things you have done these last two months. The biggest news is you now weigh 10 pounds and are 22 inches long. Definitely a growing girl.
This moment right now is bittersweet because your growing also means I am closer to going back to work, which I don't look forward to. I know you will be fine and will thrive in day care, but I am not ready for you to go.
Thank you for brightening my day and for making me a Mother of Two.
Love your Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment