At 3 AM on Monday morning I woke up wet. I couldn't figure out if I had peed or if my water had broke. I didn't want to go to the hospital and be told no change like I experienced with Miss C. I also didn't want to call Amy and have her waste a trip. So I changed my clothes and tried to figure out what to do.
Ended up going back to sleep and woke up around 5 AM wet again. At this point I thought the likelihood of my peeing my pants twice was slim but I still wasn't sure. Waited until 6ish and my third pair of pants to call the doctor. Changing my pants 3 times in as many hours seemed like a good sign I wasn't having bladder problems.
The doctor told me to come in to be checked so we started getting ready. I am not going to lie...we didn't move with a sense of urgency. We thought we had plenty of time. We showered. Got Miss C ready for school. Finished packing the bag. There was no frantic rush even though I had started having contractions.
The contractions started out harmless enough. They were nothing like what I had with Miss C so I figured I had some time. Of course, by the time we got to the daycare, about a 15 minute drive from home, the contractions were getting stronger but still weren't close together.
We arrived at the hospital at 8:30 and left the bag in the car thinking we'd have plenty of time to get it before I gave birth. By the time I made it to the exam room I was having more frequent contractions. The contractions were getting strong and closer together but there was still some recovery time in between.
My doctor was performing a C section and they had to send in a resident to check me. By the time she arrived I was having contractions every one to three minutes and could hardly stand it. I was 4 cm dilated when the resident did her check and Miss R's head shifted allowing a flood of fluid to wash out.
At this point I was in quite a bit of pain. I was having trouble breathing through the pain of the contractions and SP was doing his best to keep me focused. There was no recovery time between the contractions and I was ready for the epidural. Had to be moved from the triage room to the delivery room before they would do the epidural. This could not happen quickly enough.
No comments:
Post a Comment