Friday, May 7, 2010

Labor and Delivery Part I

Truly thought I would never give birth. It seemed like the last few weeks and days of my pregnancy went on forever. I felt huge, uncomfortable and just down and out. I was ready for Miss R's arrival but it seemed like she just wasn't ready to come.

Then things started happening like they did with Miss C. I lost my mucus plug on April 28(totally gross but a good sign something was happening) and thought for sure I'd go into labor within hours...but didn't.

I went to the doctor two days after that for sure that I'd be further along only to find out I was only 2 cm dilated. Nothing had changed in two weeks.

May 1, Derby Day, I started having contractions. They were irregular in timing and never really increased in intensity but all day long I kept hoping something would shift. But it didn't.

So there I was quickly approaching my due date and fully convinced I would go past just like I did with Miss C. I didn't want to go past but I also knew I really didn't have much say in the situation unless I opted to be induced. I wanted to give Miss R a chance to come on her own, but damn, she needed to speed it up.

I went to bed Sunday night ready to go to work the next day and trying to prepare myself to go through another 5 days pregnant.

No comments: