Tuesday, October 6, 2009

What to do...

This past week Miss decided she didn't want to nap which resulted in a very tired and cranky baby. The child just has to be involved in everything and I think she liked the one-on-one attention she got at the daycare when she didn't nap.

Evenings for us were difficult. There was a lot of crying and drama. The smallest of things put her over the edge. Still we could handle a couple hours in the evening with a cranky kid.

The weekend, when she continued not to nap, SP was golfing and I was puking...well, that wasn't so fun. We were both tired. I was miserable. Then she decided to not walk while we were in a parking lot after lunch and instead opted to lie down and not get up.

I must admit, these types of situations floor me sometimes. I try to think of the best response that won't land her in therapy one day. There's the "talk it out" idea of trying to reason with a defiant child. Or the "let her have it" idea of spanking her or yelling in the middle of the parking lot. Or the "under the arm football hold" idea where you pick up the toddler and carry her to the car like she's a football.

I opted for the football hold approach. I felt this a) didn't involve violence, b) didn't involve her getting run over by a car and c) didn't involve me puking on her.

Therapy here we come.

1 comment:

USAIDAddress Unknown said...

Right on! I opt for the football hold often - seems to get the job done! Save us a seat at therapy! :)