Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Paci-free and sitting on the potty

Last week when Miss C came home from visiting Nana and Papa she didn't want her pacifier at bed time. I thought it was a fluke but didn't force it on her.

We were down to the paci at night only. Then she got sick those few weeks real close to each other and all she wanted was her paci. So I was pretty shocked when she didn't want it.

First night went fine so we hid the pacifiers and tried again the next night, and the next, and the next. It's now a week and she still hasn't used her pacifier or really even indicated she wanted it or missed it.

Overall we haven't noticed much change in her sleeping. There were a couple nights where it took her longer to fall asleep but really nothing out of the ordinary. I guess she was just ready.

Another new development is Miss C indicating when she's gone to the bathroom. This is either a declaration of "Poo-Poo" or she grabs herself. She's also become very interested in sitting on the potty though she hasn't officially used it yet. Despite that she still likes to wipe and flush like she has gone so we're just going with it. I figure in time it all will click.

No comments: