Tomorrow is Miss C's first full day in her new room. Today I gathered up all of her stuff and it was like a reminder of how far we have come in the last nine months.
She no longer uses her paci while at day care. Miss Panda, that went from home to her crib when she first started, no longer hung on her crib and was tucked in her box. The clothes we brought for outfit changes no longer fit her and the bibs are too small. Everything is for the infant Miss C, and she is no longer an infant.
I didn't cry today when I dropped her off. I didn't get sappy with the teachers. Miss C gave them their card and gift cards that we got them, but I tried not to make a big to-do about the change. Better for her, and better for me I think.
It will be weird tomorrow taking her upstairs to her new room. I won't want to leave her. I will again struggle with my decision to being a working mom rather than a stay at home mom. We'll get through the newness together. I know she'll adjust far more quickly than I will but seeing her thrive and grow will help me get through it.
No comments:
Post a Comment