Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Grown Up

One of the things I have noticed about being a new mom, and I may have mentioned it here before, is the fact that I have to be a grown up. I am the one responsible for a little person and find that at times to be quite overwhelming if I think about it too much.

If I think about it just enough, I realize it's a beautiful thing to be her anything and everything. That won't always be the case and I am sure one day I will long for those moments when I get to make the decisions for her rather than having her make the decisions herself.

I think that's why moms sometimes have a hard time letting go of their children. We are so intertwined and our being is connected to their being for so long that when they are ready to move on, we are not. So, I am going to enjoy my connectedness even when I find the responsibility to be scarey and the thought of screwing her up earth shattering because I know my little independent girl will one day not need her mom in the same way.

No comments: