I was reading what Dawn was writing about Mia's transition to her new room at daycare and was thinking about the differences between the two day cares. Dawn has never mentioned anyone SLEEPING at Mia's which is a BIG difference, but there's other differences as well.
Miss C's room is considered an infant room. The age range is 3 months to 2 years. In her room...The Cardinal Room, they sleep in both cribs and on cots depending on their age. Miss C is still in a crib.
Kids sit in high chairs and at a table and while Miss C is a high chair girl the other day she did decide to take a seat at the table to eat breakfast. Miss C eats all the meals they serve there, with only minor exception and is using her cup and working on utensils.
They regularly have center-wide themes as well as individual room themes and activities. She has painted and drawn some beautifully unique pictures for us. We've also participated "color" days where each day they learned about a new color and were asked to wear that color.
The room is set up with activities for the walkers, crawlers, sitters, rollers and bouncy-seaters. Some talk. Some don't. Most cry at some time or another.
I guess these things were just normal to me. I didn't know any different. The change will come for us when she transitions to the toddler room which will come all too soon I fear.
1 comment:
I haven't seen anyone sleeping at Mia's daycare, but I've heard it has happened. No place is perfect and it sounds like my place just has more rooms, which allows them to divide the kids up sooner. Otherwise, they are both well taken care of and are learning and growing very well. That's great that she just plopped down at the big girl table!
Post a Comment