Without a doubt Miss C loves the outdoors. She definitely doesn't shy away from the sun or the rain or the snow. Yes, the snow. Yesterday she got to see her first snow and she loved it. We were playing inside and big fat puffy flakes were flying outside and she just sat and watched. Then I let her look out the backdoor and she squealed with delight. She does that a lot, the squealing with delight, but moreso when outside. It's hilarious and I have visions of her hugging the Earth in her hiking boots and backpack.
SP and I got a little adult time last night going to a local comedy club and then out to see a band play. We were out until almost 2 which is quite impressive for us. Miss C was in Louisville with Nana and Papa who took her to church for the first time. They say she was blessed by the Bishop which I hope is close enough in god's book to baptism because we don't plan on getting her baptized and I need something to cleanse away the residue from that lingering Catholic guilt.
Tomorrow starts week 2 of day care. Miss C now has a snotty nose, which I totally expected but dislike nonetheless. I am starting to get a little rhythm in the mornings and figuring out the routine that works best for me when I drop her off.
There hasn't been any crying in the morning when I leave which is good. The crying comes in the afternoon when I pick her up. I think it's because she is exhausted and just wants me to take her home. She gets all excited when she sees me clapping and crawling towards me but as soon as I get out of her site she wails. Like I said, I think it's because she is so tired because she's getting up earlier, not napping there well and falls asleep immediately when we get in the car to drive home. I hope that gets better this week.
No comments:
Post a Comment