Sunday, November 2, 2008

New beginnings

Miss C starts day care on 12/1. UGH. Being a Mom is hard f-ing work. I think sometimes the mental/emotional parts of Momhood is more taxing than the physical parts, including actual child birth.

I am so worried that some decision I make is going to turn her into some basket case or land her sleeping in a box under the freeway. Notice I say I here...for some reason I fear this burden is all my own. That I singlehandedly could totally screw Miss C up and that there are no other factors or people at play.

That's a major guilt trip to put on oneself and damn I do it all the time about everything. I really need to lighten up and I am TRYING, but this being responsible for someone can be overwhelming.

So, positive thinking is in order. The day care will be great. The day care will be great. The day care will be great.

2 comments:

Chad said...

You should talk to Jen about this. The first year is the hardest, especially on your marriage. Funny how no one ever tells you this.

USAIDAddress Unknown said...

Smile - the day care will be great!