Dear Baby Girl,
You have grown so much and I can't believe all the things you have achieved. You are definitely on the move now and there is no stopping your exploration. If I could describe your 8th month in one word, exploration would be that word. You are interested in everything and now that you can get there on your own you are bound and determined to see and do all that your little mind wants to see and do.
You are an amazing little person with your own personality. Each morning you greet us with a toothy, gummy smile and crazy hair that sticks up on all ends. From that point on, unless you are napping you are talking and playing and sticking things in your mouth.
With all this new independence it is clear that sooner than we would like you will no longer be our little baby. Right now you go after the toy or the dog or something interesting across the room with frequent glances back to make sure we are still there. One day you will go where we can no longer see you, and you won't look back. That sweet girl is a scarey thought but something I hope we are preparing you adequately for now.
So, I hold you a little longer and kiss your sweet neck a thousand and one times, not just a thousand times. I stop and catch my breath with I am hurry around being consumed with grown up things and opt to play with you instead. In the end, nothing is as important as you...nothing.
Happy 8th Month Baby Girl! Thank you for your laughter that captures your sheer enjoyment of life and your smile that shows your unconditional happiness. Thank you for being the perfect little blend of your Dad and me. Thank you for the way you lift your arms when I go to pick you up and how you twirl my hair when I am feeding you your bedtime bottle. Thank you for grunting your way around the house to put your hands in the dog food bowl. Thank you for being completely and uniquely YOU.
Love,
Your Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment