Dear Baby Girl,
Tonight while I put your laundry away you played happily in your crib and I was enjoying the fact that you could play by yourself for so long. I was quite surprised to find you standing up and laughing hysterically when I turned from your changing table to check on you.
I knew this day was coming because I have watched you work out how to hold on to the rail and place your feet in just the right way to lift yourself up. You would grunt with determination and squat with your feet tucked under you physically building up strength and mentally working it out.
There are so many qualities that mark your personality as uniquely you and determination is one of them. I love watching you come up against an obstacle and work to overcome it. You definitely are going to be strong willed like your Mom but that isn't always a bad thing, I promise.
It's amazing to me all the personality that is contained in your little 17 pound body. What a spirited little person you have become. The smiles and laughter are never-ending. You clap with enjoyment and wave both at people and at Copper and the cats. Speaking of Copper and the cats...you LOVE them and now that you are both army crawling and crawling on all fours you take off after them with squeals of delight. It is hilarious.
The other thing you LOVE is being outside and specifically being outside when it's windy. I have no idea what that is all about but you flail your arms and legs, stick out your tongue and huff and puff out huge laughs when outside.
These last nine months have been a rollar coaster ride with very high highs and a few very low lows. Thankfully, the highs have overshadowed any of the lows...like those first few weeks when you were screaming your little head off...wow! that was rough. It's amazing what trusting my instincts will do and what a little bit of time getting to know you will do for both of us. We've learned a lot about each other and I think we make a nice little family if I do say so myself.
In the next week you will embarking on a new path at the Day Care at Mom's work. I am quite confident that you will take to it with ease and thrive in that environment. I, on the other hand, will likely not handle it with the same ease and confidence. But I will try. It has been a great experience for you to be home with Miss Amy but it's time for a new and exciting journey.
Thank you Baby Girl for making these last nine months worth the nine months that preceeded them. You are the highlight of my life and I am truly blessed to be your Mom.
Love,
Your Mom
1 comment:
Every time I look at that picture of her on the right, I smile.
Post a Comment