Sunday, September 28, 2008

Army crawl

It's official! Miss C now moves FORWARD in her pursuit of all things tagged, tennis shoed, or remote control related. She usually has one arm tucked under her but she is definitely moving forward. She is also now fulling getting up on all fours so I foresee her fully crawling soon. For now she is content to do her army crawl across the living room floor.

One of her other new talents is to shake her head back and forth in opposition to whatever it is we want her to do that she doesn't want to do. For example, if she is done eating and no longer wants to eat she will hold her lips closed tight and move her head back and forth. I am trying to work on sign language with her so she'll tell me she is done instead of the head thing, though it is pretty clear what she is saying when she does it.

We also heard her cry this weekend in a way we haven't heard before. She was hurt. Truly hurt after smacking her face on a plastic measuring cup that she was playing with. Yes, we have high tech toys around here...measuring cups. We couldn't tell exactly where she hit but I think it was her mouth.

That was just one of many crying spurts this weekend. I am attributing it to a couple of things that had Miss C fussing more than usual. She was jolted awake not once, but twice, while napping by the dog. Then there was a slight mix up where she ate two new veggies in one day and puked up the carrots. Along with the crawling she also did a lot of falling backward which she thinks is funny until she misses the pillows around her and whacks her head on the floor. I think she just did feel good trying to deal with all that.

Tomorrow will be a new day for her and I am sure it will be much better.

No comments: