Tuesday, September 23, 2008

7 Month Observations of Miss C


Dear Baby Girl,
Can you believe that you are now 7 months old? I can't. I am not sure where the time has gone but you seem to have been plowing right along whether I wanted the time to pass or not.
This really is an amazing time for you and I enjoy nothing more than to watch you as you explore the world for the first time. You want to touch everything. Everything. My face and hair. Trees. Toys. Remotes. Dog bones. Tags. Oh my god, you love tags. You will knock anything and everything in your way over to get to a tag. You are fascinated with them and love rubbing them between your little fingers.
Right now you are sitting on your own and will play like that forever. We surround you with pillows for a couple of reasons. One is because of the tile and hardwood floors, the other, is that you think it's hilarious to just collapse backwards. Among your favorite toys is your very own remote that repeatedly gives you the weather forecast, a bunch of soft colored blocks, a D*ra teething towel and the bongos that your Dad bought you.
When we put you on the floor with your toys you will sit and play forever. Then you will get on your belly and roll around to get everything you want. Just today I watched as you pushed forward more than once to get a toy out of your reach. You grunted the entire time with determination and dug those toes in to push toward the toy. We celebrated when you got it and you laughed outloud.
We laugh a lot around here. You seem to have a sunny disposition 99% of the time and it's a clear indication that something is wrong if you aren't smiling and laughing. The spots that are sure to get you laughing are when we tickle your inner thighs or your belly. You love it when I hold your belly up against my face and tickle you with my nose. Squeals of delight make my day.
Other things we do are read books, look at ourselves in the mirror and laugh, talk, blow bubbles, sing, dance, and take long walks. You still love baths and we have these stackable bath cups that you play with whenever you are in the tub.
We recently changed your schedule a little bit and eliminated your 7 PM "cluster feeding" that we had been doing for quite some time. With the incorporation of solids you are now eating 30 ounces of formula, rice cereal, a veggie and a fruit every day. For the most part, you like everything that we have tried, with the exception of peas. Mom doesn't like peas either so I am ok with you not eating them.
We were worried that the elimination of a feeding, even though it wasn't much, would totally screw up your sleep. But, so far, it hasn't. We are even putting you to bed earlier. Tonight you were in bed and asleep before 9 and if all goes well, you will sleep until almost 8 AM. I have been pretty strict about your routine but I honestly think you thrive on the routine. It works so we are sticking to it.
There is just so much that I want to capture right now. Your laughter. Your sweetness. Your true love of me and the excitement that you exude with arms flying and legs kicking when I enter the room. I want to tuck my nose in the sweet softness of your cubby neck and freeze time. I want to burn in my brain that look in your eyes that tells me I am all you need.
I love you sweet baby girl. You are the most amazing thing I have done in my life and I look forward you growing into the strong, intelligent woman that I know you can be.
Love,
Your Mom

2 comments:

Chad said...

I like these letters. Jen and I write a letter (each of us) every birthday and place it in the safe deposit box along with a photo CD and DVD we make.

Then when she is older, we can give them to her and they will make a great gift reading all of those letters, looking at photos and watching movies growing up.

Dawn said...

This made me cry. You summarize everything I'm feeling myself. How eloquent.