Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Sleep

I am sitting on the floor in Miss C's room, in the dark, listening to her jibber jabber while shoving her fingers into her mouth fighting sleep. This is where the only internet connection in the house is and I can't use my wireless without losing a connection and needed to send a work email.

I feel like we are at a transition with Miss C regarding her sleep and are on a slippery slope with regards to her sleep routine. We've worked really hard, REALLY HARD to get her in a routine and so far it's working pretty well. No complaints except for the random party in her crib.

The part where it gets slippery is that she is on the edge of realizing that her cries get a response. There has always been, for the most part, a little vocalization before falling asleep when she is too tired to know to just relax and go with it. But I am afraid that a) she will become entirely too dependent upon her pacifier and b) that during the day, while I LOVE having Amy here to watch her, that she may get used to being held to fall asleep. So, we are working on both.

I'll let you know how it goes.

1 comment:

Shauna said...

Welcome to my world. Chicka gets held to sleep most of the time still. I can't blame her but it's hard on us.

Good luck.