Monday, August 18, 2008

Not pregnant and other things

While Dawn and I like to do things together, it would seem, I will not be getting pregnant to experience a second child with her. I am quite content with where things are right now with Miss C and really, let's be honest, pregnancy didn't suit me. Vomiting is too fresh in my mind right. We will have another child one day, just no plans to do it any time soon.

So, for now, Dawn gets the spotlight all to herself. Oh and the morning sickness too. Ha!

We took Miss C for her 6 month pictures this weekend. That girl was a trooper considering they were running late and she was due for a nap. The photos turned out great and I will post a few for you to see soon.

We fed Miss C some squash this weekend and she appeared to like it. I am struggling a bit in trying to determine though if her fussiness and flat out crying last night and at points yesterday were from her belly hurting or her gums. I am leaning towards the gums because of the way she is drooling and gnawing on anything not nailed down. But, just to be safe I am holding off on the squash today to see what happens.

Because she's so happy all of the time, it's real easy to tell when she doesn't feel good. The difficult part is trying to determine what is wrong. I can decipher most signs associated with hunger or being tired. It's those new things, like introducing foods and getting teeth that are still throwing me a bit. And man, is it like a switch is flipped. One second she is all laughs and happy giggles and the next, it's like she is kicked in the gums and she wails. Oh, our drama child.

We're working on her sitting up and crawling as well as waving. Amy has got her waving, though not real consistently. It's funny because she sticks her arm out and opens and closes her hand over and over again while moving her wrist from left to right.

Granny came to visit this weekend and her and Miss C got some bonding time. We had a nice visit and both of us were sad to see Granny go. Hopefully Granny will come back, even though it was a heck of a night when a water main broke in our front lawn and we were at a movie. Good times. All is fixed now.

Have a great Monday.

No comments: