



I have been enjoying Miss C so much that I haven't written as much as I normally would.
We've been working on her sitting up on her own. Sometimes she does it without thinking but it's just not her thing right now. She seems to enjoy more leaning back against me and playing. I figure that there will come a point when she won't want to do that so I am enjoying it while it lasts.
She's also been displaying her sense of determination and ability to get where she wants even if she can't do it going forward. There's a lot of scooting backwards and rolling around. Typically where she starts out is not where she ends up, especially if there's a favorite toy around. Yesterday she actually pushed herself forward so the crawling will be coming soon.
Right now she doesn't have any teeth showing but she is definitely teething. It's currently impacting her eating and sleeping. She's overall still a very happy baby but when her teeth/gums hurt you know it.
We are back on solids after a brief break due to a bout with diarrhea. While a lot of what we read says that the teething doesn't cause diarrhea, I am not so sure. Everything with the teething seems to have kicked into high gear this last week and I think that is part of it too.
This weekend Miss C visited Louisville so mom and dad could have a night out. We needed it. And tomorrow night we are going to our first movie since Miss C was born. Amy is going to stay late so we can go.
It's been somewhat challenging living here without my family or any real support system. I expected it to be trying, but I really didn't expect it to be this difficult. If I lived at home I would just go to visit my sister or my parents or my friends and hang out. Getting a break or going on a date to a movie wouldn't require strategic planning and mental duress worrying that I am burdening someone by asking them for help. It sucks really. I always thought I'd be back home when I had children and this wouldn't be an issue. As a result I have been quite resistant to accepting it as a decision I made coming here and have instead opted to just be pissed off about it. I can say that now, because I am working through it, but up until now...WOW! that's all I can say.
So, my point is this...Miss C is fabulous and a shining light in my life that I want to absorb and enjoy every second of every minute of every day. Her smile is delightfully contagious and the way she screeches with laughter when we dance or when she sees herself in the mirror makes me feel like I have done something so right in this life. The other stuff, being away from home, having a pity party for myself, well...that's just life too and I'll get over it. I always do.
1 comment:
Too freakin' cute! Sounds like Cara and RJ could have a scootin' party together . . . he's doing the same (gettin' there somehow)!
Aren't they just TOO much fun at this age! I'm lovin' every minute of it!
Also - Amen to the not being near family thing! I'm right there with ya sister - it sucks! :)
Post a Comment