Thursday, August 28, 2008

The long and the short of it

  • Been a little busy trying to get things squared away for our weekend in Boston.
  • Had my girls weekend at the lake last weekend. What can I say, I have good girlfriends who make me laugh and cry and feel pretty normal.
  • I know I need that time because laughter is the best medicine and girlfriends well, the good ones, love you regardless of your imperfections and actually may even love you more because of them.
  • Overall last weekend was a weekend of friends...lunch with friends, coffee with a friend, the lake with friends. All of which I needed more than words can convey.
  • I also started my writing group back up this week. The dynamics of the group have changed but the principals have not.
  • I spent some of my free time today writing. It felt good. Now if I could just stop writing about myself.
  • Trying to shed those last few baby pounds. I know it's possible, I am just struggling a bit with how to incorporate Miss C into my exercise routine.
  • We did buy one of those things you hook up to the bike that she can ride in, it just makes me a little nervous so we haven't done a full fledged ride yet.
  • And honestly, it just looks like a lot of effort to go and ride my bike which is my RELAXING time. So, need to get over that too.
  • This weekend is our trip to Boston that I planned while pregnant. We are going to a baseball game and then well, we need to do a rekindling of the love life and mending of our marriage.
  • It's not that we are heading off to divorce court, far from it, but we have been very baby focused for the last 6 months and now need to recharge our relationship batteries and have some one-on-one time.
  • Miss C is with her grandparents this weekend getting spoiled rotten and her mom is being teased with the idea of feeding soft serve to a 6 month old and late night parties in her crib.
  • SP and I are both struggling a bit with our first out of town trip away from our girl. It feels different since we won't be just a couple hours up the road.
  • I think some cocktails will lessen that anxiety a bit.
  • Miss C waves, spins around in circles on her belly and we believe is/was experiencing a bit of a growth spurt this week that had her consuming mass quantities of formula, cereal and veggies.
  • Her teeth are slowly coming in and are now clearly visable.
  • It looks like she will be a brunette or maybe a redhead. Right now it depends on the light.
  • She still does not look like me...bummer.
  • I think that's it for now.
  • Happy Labor Day!

No comments: