We took Miss C to the doctor on Thursday for her 6 Month appointment. She was 15.15 pounds, 25 3/4 inches and in the 50th percentile for both height and weight. There are 2 teeth that have broken through her gums and she got 4 shots while we were there.
The doctor said we can now move forward with regularly feeding her solid foods and we tried sweet peas this weekend which she LOVED so much she grabbed the spoon to shove them in her mouth. The new feeding routine is bottle for breakfast, bottle and cereal for lunch, bottle and veggie for 4 PM feeding and then her "cluster" feedings at 7 and 9. She's putting back a whopping 30 - 35 ounces of formula a day plus the food.
It seems like in the last week she has sat up (literally) and said, "hey I am 6 months old and will do new things now" whether we were prepared for it or not. She sits all on her own now and plays with very little falling over. Last night I sat her up in her bathtub and let her play with the new stackable cups I bought her. She liked pouring the water out and the sticking the cups in her mouth.
We go to Boston next weekend and I am a little freaked out about being so far away but I know she will have a great time with her grandparents.
No comments:
Post a Comment