Tuesday, August 19, 2008

6 Month Observations of Miss C

Dear Baby Girl,
Tomorrow you will be 6 months old. Half way to a whole year. Today you showed us just how much you are growing by producing the sharp points of a little tooth in your mouth and successfully sitting on your own for an extended period of time. Both achievements are both exciting and sad to me. Exciting because these firsts, each and every one of them, make me proud. You are growing as you should and becoming a little girl and no longer a baby. Yet, it is that fact as well that makes me sad. But I won't dwell on the sadness let's talk about the good stuff.

I truly believe your happiness is a gift and that your smile and laughter is what makes you uniquely you. Dad and I act like fools to get that smile and laugh and honestly Little Bit, you are easily amused by the two of us. All Dad has to fly you around as "C-Coper" requesting a fly by which involves kisses and you giggle with glee. I, on the other hand, like to sing and dance with you much to Granny's surprise. She says I never sang until you came along. But sing we do, and a lot of it. All three of us partake in 'C baby you're the one' our own take on the Rubber Ducky song.

We play a lot in the evenings when Dad and I get home. You love being on your belly now which is so different from just a few months ago. It's not uncommone to find you far from where you started and usually off the playmat and sometimes even off the carpet. There have been a few instances of forward movement indicating a crawl or two is in your future, but nothing yet. Right now you just like getting to things to shove them in your mouth. The new bear Nana and Papa got you now smells like your stinky formula. Actually, everything does.

Thursday we go to the doctor for your check up. I am curious to see how much you weigh now. We are moving out of all 3-6 month clothes and fully into 6 month and beyond. I have a feeling you are going to be a petite girl like your mom, unless you have some surprising growth spurt and end up 6 feet like your Dad. I am hoping for something in between.

Your Dad asked me the other day if I thought you recognized us as your parents...the two people in the world who love you more than anything else. And, I honestly think you do. I hope and pray that what we are giving you now as parents builds a foundation for who you will become as a person. I can wait to take this journey into the next 6 months and beyond with you.

Happy 6 Month Birthday Baby Girl! Mom and Dad Love You!

1 comment:

USAIDAddress Unknown said...

Every time I read one of these I just sob . . . you are SUCH a fantastic writer Mrs.Miss . . . I guess I sob because you capture SO perfectly how I too am feeling at this exact time with my precious little boy! We are all just SO blessed!
Happy 6 Month Birthday Miss C - we can't wait to hear about your next 6 months and more! And more than anything we can't wait to meet you soon! Love you guys!! :)