At this very moment, Miss C is sitting next to me talking to a stuffed bear she got as a gift and shoving her fists (yes, both of them) into her mouth.
I am still fighting the looming depression that is called trying on a bathing suit after having a baby.
God, what a f-ing nightmare.
My entire life...my ENTIRE life, I have always worn a bikini. Sure, be pissed at me for that if you want. Whoa is me and all, right? But it is what it is. Today, I bought my first summer suit that was a one piece. It wasn't a suit I use for lap swimming. It was the one I plan on wearing tomorrow when we take Miss C for her first swim in Aunt Kay's pool
It's a mom suit. Yes, I am a mom, but I don't want the mom body.
I am close to be able to fit back in to most of my pre-pregnancy clothes. Most, not all. Because this body is no longer the same as it was before I had Miss C.
So, I keep trying to tell myself it took me 9 months to get this body so it'll take a little time to lose it. But damn, summer in a mom suit isn't looking very fun.
2 comments:
Come on now. Just because it's a one piece doesn't make it a "mom suit".
You're just being silly.
I know. Just being a baby.
Post a Comment