Sunday, May 11, 2008

First Mothers Day

I could not have asked for a better Mothers Day. We actually celebrated on Wednesday before SP's surgery because we were not sure how things would be on the actual day.

My wonderful husband got me a card that made me cry and a C@reBear because that's our nickname for Miss C. These two things were enough, truly they were...then SP said that I needed to "clean out the bear's ears" which totally confused me. When I checked, the bear was wearing a pair of diamond earrings. I was shocked to say the least but happy that he made it so special for me.

It's weird to think I am some little ones mom but as I have said before I cannot imagine my life without her in it. These last couple of months have been challenging but so worth it every time she smiles at me. I wasn't sure what kind of mom I would be especially after having loathed pregnancy with such an unimaginable intensity. But, thus far I think I am far better at the mom thing then I was as the incubator.

This mothers day is difficult because I am excited to be a mom but sad because my parents both lost theirs recently. I know how I felt at the possibility of losing my mom when she fought breast cancer and I am sure it pales in comparison to actually losing ones mom. I feel blessed to have had both of them in my life for so long and know that they both are smiling down on Dawn and I today with our new little girls.

To all the moms out there...HAPPY MOTHERS DAY

No comments: