We make the decision to go to the ball game and have Miss C spend her first nights away from home and she decides to have blood in her stool. Just once and then she continued with her play-doh and pebble poo until the prune juice that Nana gave her cleared her out a bit.
So, I called the doctor yet again. I did some research yesterday online, which can be both a blessing and a curse, and found a lot of info about formula intolerance and the signs. Miss C has them all. For example: spitting up - check, vomiting - check, fussiness - check, skin problems - check, blood in stool and hard stools - check, etc.
I had pretty much decided before I ever talked to the doctor that I was switching her formula because what was going on wasn't working. She really is a pleasant and happy baby but man, the BMs are difficult for her and her belly is upset a lot. And her little face...it's so broke out and while they say baby acne is normal this sure seems like a VERY bad case all over her face, head and neck.
Much to my pleasure it was the doctor who recommended changing to a hypoallergenic formula and even gave us samples that will take us through her next appointment in 3 weeks. I have given her one bottle. We'll see how it goes.
And, for those keeping track we have done: breastmilk, Simil@c Advanced + breastmilk, Simil@c Sensitive, Enf@mil AR and now this. Cross your fingers it works.
No comments:
Post a Comment