To be honest, I am really not sure what a 10 week old baby is supposed to be doing at 10 weeks. Nor am I really sure what I should be doing with her. I secretly (well not so secretly anymore) fear that I am in some way depriving her of some daily activity that will stunt her development and make her less than successful in say, preschool.
Along with that, I tend to look at the other babies that are around me and compare Miss C and what we do to them. Not in some "my baby is better than your baby" way, but more in a way of trying to determine if those mommies know more than I do so I can steal ideas from them.
For the most part, I think the new mommies know about as much as I do, which ain't much, but we are trying. All of us are learning to trust ourselves as moms and are realizing that when it comes to our babies, we often know what is best and we know our babies will reach those milestones when they are ready.
2 comments:
Amen sista! I'm certainly with ya by knowing much of nothing! :)
I'm sure you're doing wonderfully. At this point just try to give tummy time when you can.
"What To Expect in the First Year" has chapters by month and lists what you can expect to happen each month.
xo
Post a Comment